Individual therapy (sometimes called “psychotherapy” or “counseling”) is a process through which clients work one-on-one with a trained individual therapist in a safe, caring, and confidential environment. It is in this setting that is becomes possible to explore feelings, beliefs, and behaviors while working through challenging or influential memories. Clients identify aspects of their lives that they would like to change, how to better understand themselves and others, and set personal goals to work toward a desired change.
Why Do People Seek Individual Therapy In St. Paul MN?
People seek individual therapy for a wide variety of reasons. For some, it is coping with major life challenges or childhood trauma. For others, it is dealing something like depression, anxiety, or an eating disorder. However, everyone that I work with in individual therapy ends up finding personal growth and greater self-knowledge.
No two people are alike — and therefore no two problems are alike. Rather than treat psychological difficulties with a cookie-cutter approach, I strive to remain open and flexible. You tell me how you need to be treated through what you say, how you say it, and through your actions. Together we form a treatment that will work for you.
I have experience and success with a variety of psychological disorders for adults and adolescents here in St. Paul Minnesota. My areas of expertise for counseling and therapy services to adults and adolescents include:
- Achieving Peak Performance
- Career Counseling
- Chronic and Terminal illnesses
- Crohn’s disease and Colitis
- Cancer diagnosis
- Eating Disorders
- Binge eating disorder
- Family Relationships/Family Therapy
- Grief Counseling
- Interpersonal Issues
- Marriage Counseling
- Panic Disorders
- Physical, Sexual & Emotional Abuse
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Rape and Sexual Assault
- Self Image and Self Esteem Issues
The responsibility for lasting change remains with you. I am there to support you along the way. For information about costs and insurance, please visit my rates and insurance page or contact us directly.
Ben Wolf’s Therapist Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Minnesota in 2002
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from Augsburg College in 2004
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- Certified therapist in the use of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trained in Maudsley Family Based Therapy (FBT)
- I completed training in pediatric hypnosis and hypnotherapy through The National Pediatric Hypnosis Training Institute
Helpful Blog Sources For Individual Therapy:
Helpful Outside Sources For Individual Therapy:
<< Couples Therapy | St Paul MN Counselor | Therapy Rates >>