Teletherapy services now available
We provide safe, secure, and comfortable face-to-face counseling via teletherapy during the COVID-19 mitigation period. The HIPAA compliant platform we use is Doxy.me.
Easy to use, it:
- Allows for continuation of care during this challenging time,
- Follows CDC and Minnesota Department of Health recommendations, and
- Is covered by insurance and government agencies.
Follow these steps to set up your session
Before the call, we will provide this link: https://doxy.me/benscouch. When your appointment time comes, click the link to view this popup screen:
- Enter your name and click Check In.
- You will see this message: “To have a video call please give us access to your camera and microphone.”
- Click the Give access to camera and mic A popup will confirm this choice. Click Allow.
- Click the Pre-call test button to confirm your speakers, microphone, and camera work.
If you are having technical issues, contact [email protected]
More about Doxy.me
Doxy.me is a highly successful way for clinicians and patients to meet remotely. It meets the need for uninterrupted management for mental health conditions in this challenging time.
This platform supplies 1:1 and group video conferencing, 24/7 technical support, and much more. Clients experience no diminishment of quality of care.
Tips to get the most out of your teletherapy session
- Make a list of your concerns and questions.
- Schedule your session at a convenient time for your household. Establish a private location where you can speak openly without interruption.
- Have a headset ready in case you experience poor sound quality. Keep a phone nearby as a backup in case of technical issues.
- Before the session, restart your computer to ensure no programs are connecting to your microphone or camera.
- Save valuable therapy time by logging on before the call. Check into the waiting room, login, and make sure your Wi-Fi is connected and your camera and microphone work.
- Keep this connection open if you like. We will start the video call at the time we agreed upon.
There is no extra charge for these virtual visits. Treatment is covered by insurance agencies; Medicare has waived many restrictions on telehealth during the response to COVID-19.
It is free. No downloads of software or apps are required. No accounts or password need to be set up.
In order to be HIPAA compliant, Doxy.me satisfies required Privacy and Security Rules. Among other features, it does not store health-related data.